Dental Associates of Detroit Lakes will be resuming seeing patients Monday, May 18, 2020! Today! We will be providing elective and routine care in accordance with Executive Order 20-51 delivered by Governor Tim Walz. Our number one priority continues to be the safety and well-being of our patients, doctors and team members. While this has always been the case, it obviously becomes even more important in the midst of dealing with a global pandemic. In spite of this situation, we are well prepared to face this challenge! Because of the COVID-19 virus, we will be implementing additional protocols to protect all those who step into our practice. The protocols were based on guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Minnesota Board of Dentistry and Minnesota Dental Association (MDA). Here are some of the new protocols you can expect:
- Prior to an appointment, we will ask every patient a series of health screening questions and will take their temperature upon arrival to our practice. If a patient is not feeling well or has an elevated temperature, we will ask them to reschedule their appointment.
- We will request that all visitors wear a mask or face covering to their appointment.
- We will ask that patients come alone to their appointment. The exceptions are parents/guardians accompanying children, people providing emotional/physical support and translators.
- We will require patients to wash their hands before and after their appointment.
- We will request that all visitors maintain a 6-foot distance from others while in the practice.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in our office at any one time.
- Doctors and team members may wear additional personal protective equipment, such as face shields, during exams/treatment.
- Our waiting room will be closed until further notice to effectively social distance. If you have an appointment or question, please call prior to visiting us.
- Finally, we have always taken pride in our office efficiency with all appointments running “on schedule”. Please be patient with us during this time as we implement these additional safety precautions.
Our doctors and team members have worked extensively to ensure your safety and well-being while in our care. We want to ensure you can feel comfortable visiting us at your next appointment. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! (218)847-2624 or visit our website www.detroitlakesdental.com Thank you for your continued trust in your care from all of us at Dental Associates! For more information, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Minnesota Department of Health websites.